|Hunter King as Summer Newman|
|The Young and the Restless|
|Portrayed by|| Samantha Bailey (2009-2012) |
Lindsay Bushman (2012)
Hunter King (2012–)
|Current status||Present, Contact|
|First appearance||December 18, 2006|
|Created by|| Lynne Marie Latham |
|Introduced by|| Lynne Marie Latham |
|Family||The Newman Family|
|Full name||Summer Ann Newman|
|Born||December 18, 1994|
|Occupation|| Student at Walnut Grove Academy |
Model for Jabot
|Residence|| 421 Larkspur Trail, Hwy B |
Genoa City, Wisconsin
|Lindsay Bushman as Summer Newman|
|Samantha Bailey as Summer Newman|
Summer Ann Newman is portrayed by Hunter King, formerly by Elara and Rhea Kerwin, Bianca and Chiara D'Ambrosio, Sophia and Angelina Hert, Samantha Bailey and Lindsay Bushman. In April 2012, it was confirmed that Summer would be rapidly aged (SORAS'd) to a 15 year old, as a fun yet feisty typical teen.
Summer was conceived during an affair between her parents when Nick was married to Sharon Newman and Phyllis was sleeping with her ex-husband Jack Abbott. Phyllis was found to be pregnant, and in 2006, Sharon divorced Nick. There was question as to whom Summer's father was: Jack or Nick? Once Nick saw the results he left for a few days. When he returned, he announced that he was the father and he and Phyllis married.
Summer was born December 18, 2006 when her mother and Jack got stuck in an elevator at Newman Enterprises, and Jack was forced to deliver her. Her name comes from her mother's maiden name and the ironic fact that she was born in the winter.
Two months after she was born she, Phyllis, and Lauren Fenmore's infant son, Fenmore Baldwin, were all kidnapped by Lauren's longtime enemy, Sheila Carter. Sheila stole Phyllis's face and then disguised herself as an elderly woman to keep them all hostage in a retirement home. They were all rescued when Lauren arrived and shot Sheila.
Months later, Nick was presumed dead. Once revealed to be alive, he couldn't remember Summer or being married to Phyllis. He was appalled at the fact that he ever left his ex, Sharon, for Phyllis. But he soon got his memory back and he and Phyllis reunited.
After witnessing Jack and Phyllis making love, Patty befriends Phyllis in order to gain her trust. On June 26, 2009 Patty over hears Phyllis reminding Summer that she is allergic to peanuts after she finds peanut butter cookies given to Summer at a birthday party. Phyllis throws them into the garbage and later Patty retrieves the cookies at eats them, making sure that there were still traces of the nuts on her lips, and then kissed Summer on the mouth. Because of her allergy, the exposure to the nuts actually caused Summer to go into anaphylactic shock, and she quickly became comatose.
Heather Stevens believing that Phyllis intentionally caused Summer harm because of hers and Nick's failing relationship, filed a court order keeping Phyllis and Nick away from Summer while she was in her coma. Later they learn out that Patty was the one responsible for Summer's illness after finding a picture of Summer in her things at the GCAC.
After Summer comes out of her coma Nick and Phyllis realize Summer has trouble speaking. Doctors perform an MRI on Summer and it's determined she's suffering from damage to her brain that affects her speech. After many months of therapy and going to Switzerland and Boston for special treatments, Summer made a full recovery.
For years, Summer had been raised believing that Nick Newman was her father. When she developed a crush on Jack's son Kyle Jenkins, Nick paniced and became overprotective, which resulted in tension between the two. Nick, armed with a hairbrush of Summer's that had strands of her hair on it, decided to take a paternity test after finding out that the first one taken years ago was inconclusive. A week later, on the day of Summer's high school graduation, Nick received a letter from the lab revealing results that were devastating to him. Nick was not Summer's father. But in fact Nick is Summer's father revealed in July 2013, due to Sharon tampering with the paternity test results making sure the result was negative and that Jack Abbott is the alleged father. The only person who knows about Sharon's involvement is Phyllis Newman who overheard her speaking to Cassie Newman's grave. The two women then get into a fight resulting in Phyllis falling down a flight of stairs causing Phyllis to become unconscious. Phyllis slips into a coma, and Daniel returns to Genoa City to take Phyllis to a care facility by where he lives.
- Daniel Romalotti (maternal half brother)
- Cassie Newman (paternal adoptive half-sister; deceased)
- Noah Newman (paternal half-brother)
- Faith Newman (paternal half-sister)
- Victor Newman (paternal grandfather)
- Nikki Newman (paternal grandmother)
- Gerald Summers (maternal grandfather; deceased)
- Lydia Callahan (maternal grandmother)
- Dylan McAvoy (paternal half uncle)
- Victoria Newman (paternal aunt)
- Adam Newman (paternal half uncle)
- Abby Newman (paternal half aunt)
- Avery Clark (maternal aunt)
- Lucy Romalotti (via Danny and Daisy)
- Reed Hellstrom (paternal cousin)
- Johnny Abbott (adoptive paternal cousin)
- Connor Newman (paternal cousin)
- Caught spiking her drink with alcohol by Ronan and was turned over to her parents (2012)
- Vandalized Ronan's car with a bat, but he didn't press charges (2012)
- Drove recklessly which caused an accident that killed Chelsea & Adam's unborn child
- Stole Jamie Vernon's wallet to get information about him & later returned it to Ronan by saying that she found it.
- Bullied Jamie Vernon; got off with community service
- Possession of a fake ID and used it to enter a bar underage (2013)
Hospitalizations & MaladiesEdit
- Went into a coma after suffering an allergic reaction to peanut butter; came out of the coma with brain damage that affected her speech, but was cured by therapy.
- Had bruises in a car accident that killed Chelsea & Adam's unborn child.
- Suffered from congestive heart failure after taking Viva-Surge; regained consciousness without heart damage.