The Foster family is a fictional family from the CBS Daytime soap opera, The Young and the Restless. The Fosters were one of the series original core families along with the Brooks family. The Fosters were a poor, working class family, placing them in direct contrast with the wealthy Brooks. The class conflict between these two families was one of the main themes of the series in the 1970s. The revolving love affairs between members of the two families was also a recurring theme. Jill Foster Abbott is the only original member of the family who currently appears on the series to the present day.
Family members currently on the show are represented in bold. Spouses are in italics.
- Bill Foster (deceased) - Father of Greg, Snapper and Jill
- Liz Foster (deceased) - Bill's former wife.
- Greg Foster - Son of Bill and Liz.
- Snapper Foster - Son of Bill and Liz.
- Chris Brooks - Snapper's wife.
- Jill Abbott Fenmore - Daughter of Neil Fenmore. Adopted by Bill and Liz.
- Colin Atkinson - Jill's husband.
- Chuckie Roulland - Son of Snapper and Sally McGuire.
- Jennifer Foster - Daughter of Snapper and Chris.
- Phillip Chancellor III - Son of Jill and Phillip Chancellor II.
- Billy Abbott - Son of Jill and John Abbott.
- Chance Chancellor - Son of Phillip III and Nina Webster.
- Delia Abbott (deceased) - Daughter of Billy and Chloe Mitchell.
- Johnny Abbott - Son of Billy and Chelsea Lawson. Adopted by Victoria Newman.
- Katie Newman - Daughter of Billy and Victoria.
1. Bill Foster (deceased) Liz Foster (deceased) 2. Greg Foster 2. Snapper Foster Sally McGuire 3. Chuckie Roulland Chris Brooks 3. Jennifer Foster 2. Jill Abbott Fenmore (adopted) Phillip Chancellor II (deceased) 3. Phillip Chancellor III Nina Webster 4. Chance Chancellor John Abbott 3. Billy Abbott Chloe Mitchell 4. Delia Abbott (deceased) Chelsea Lawson 4. Johnny Abbott Victoria Newman 4. Katie Newman